POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : power notation change in POV3.6? : power notation change in POV3.6? Server Time
17 May 2024 23:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  power notation change in POV3.6?
From: Data Banks
Date: 18 Sep 2006 07:43:39
Message: <450e866b@news.povray.org>
Okay, it's been ages since I tinkered with a file of mine but I fired it up
today. It'd been started in POV 3.1, then MegaPOV 0.7 and eventually POV3.5,
without any hassles. But in 3.6 it hits the declare to set the (primative)
acceleration control for an object's motion and I get a parse error.

#declare accel= (2*clock)^4*20.5;
#declare lift=  (2.0*clock)^(1/5);
#declare Powerup =  ((5.0*clock)^(1/10))/100;

It's moaning when it hits the ^4. Same again at every ^
Okay, so I could probably do it another way but I haven't slept in 2 days &
I'm not all that good with animation anyway. What am I missing here?

File: G:\working\povray\shuttle.pov  Line: 31
File Context (5 lines):
*/
#declare accel= (2*clock)^
Parse Error: All #declares of float, vector, and color require semi-colon
';' at end if the language version is set to 3.5 or higher. Either add the
semi-colon or set the
language version to 3.1 or lower.
Total Scene Processing Times
  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
  Render Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  1 seconds (1 seconds)
  Total Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  1 seconds (1 seconds)
CPU time used: kernel 0.13 seconds, user 0.06 seconds, total 0.19 seconds

POV-Ray finished